- “Home First” – Is It Right For You? - February 2014
- Discharge from Hospital to Long-Term Care: Issues in Ontario - Updated February 2014
- Memo to LHIN CEOs re: Home First Philosophy, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - January 2013
- Memo Re ALC patients who refuse an offer of admission to a prior-chosen LTC home bed, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - May 23, 2012
- Memo Re Crisis Designation and First Available Bed Policy, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - February 23, 2011
- Hospital Complex Continuing Care Co-payment, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - June 2008
In co-operation with the community legal clinics in Ontario, Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) produces many helpful publications on a wide range of legal topics. CLEO's brochure called Patient Rights: Form 1 – Are you in hospital for a psychiatric assessment? explains that if a doctor signs a document called a Form 1 under the Mental Health Act, a person can be detained in a psychiatric facility for up to 72 hours, as well as what the person can do if they want to get out of the hospital.
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Publications